PHP: RSS and Atom Feed Reader
RSS and Atom feeds are one of the new 'big things' of the Internet of the 21st century. The idea is that you set up a data-file containing a list of news items, articles, or basically anything, and people around the world "subscribe" using one of the multitude of 'news aggregators'.
The PHP XML library makes it relatively simple to parse a single feed, but more complicated when you have to deal with all the different formats in a single script.
Use the form below to select a feed and run it through our parser. Note that most feeds are free to access for personal use, but if you want to use them for a commercial site or application you might have to pay the provider.
This is a work in progress so any feedback is welcome. The scripts for reading RSS and Atom feeds are currently independent but could be combined relatively easily. You will notice that the options above contain both RSS- and Atom-formatted feeds.
- RSS 2.0 Specification
- All About RSS
- RSS Tutorial for Content Publishers and Webmasters
- Character Sets / Character Encoding Issues
Related Articles - Feed Readers
- RSS Feed Reader Code Example [PHP]
- Atom Feed Reader: Source Code [PHP]
- RSS Feed Reader: Source Code [PHP]
- YouTube API Feed Reader: Source Code [PHP]
- Displaying and updating RSS Content using Ajax [PHP]
- RSS and Atom Feed Reader [PHP]
Send a message to The Art of Web:
press <Esc> or click outside this box to close